Friday, July 22, 2011

MESS-O-MANIA

It was the beginning of August and the day was a real eye opener. My eyes opened only when half of my bed was drenched in rain.
Oh! I forgot to tell you about the geography of my 'luxurious' single seater room. It was an 8ft*15ft duster shaped room with almost half of its roof invisible and it was merely covered by a piece of a yellow plastic sheet, you could say it was pretty much of an 'Eco-friendly' room, in which the rains, the sunlight, the dust particles had direct access to enter. And a huge ply-board separated my room from Abhinav's, with holes dug into it, which gave me an undue access in his room; and most importantly he never knew that. And above rest my bed was just below the missing portion of the roof.
By the time I regained my senses my room was well irrigated with water, with all my belongings getting the nourishment. I hurriedly pulled off my beddings and books and placed them in the corridor and started to sweep the water out. The easiest option was to drain it in Abhinav's room, through the partition.
"If you had the easier way, then why to do it any other way, hehe", I grinned wickedly and drained the water in his room.

"What the fuck are you doing Anuj? You swept all the water in my room", shouted Abhinav.
"Oh! that was the slope of the room, which did the trick, I didn't' do anything." I tried to justify my crooked move.

By the time I was standing at his door, to estimate, how badly his room hit by the drained water.

"Oh! fuck man! Look what have you done. All my cigarettes are wet" he almost had tears rolling down his eyes, seeing those wet cigarettes; as if he had lost his balls.
"And what about the books?" They're wet too". I asked him pointing towards Resnick Haliday Walker, obeying the principal of floatation.
"I just don't give a damn for the books, but where the hell I am gonna get cigarettes so early in the morning, I cant even shit without them, they build the pressure man!" he grimmaced in pain.

He was shouting like hell in the agony of those white, sleek, cylindrical pieces of grass.

"Hey! is everything OK?" enquired CM entering the room, puffing out thick rings of smoke, and the cigarette was immediately plucked from his mouth by Abhinav.

"I don't think everything is OK", Tharki appeared in the room out of nowhere. Idiot I thought.

"Whoa; now why is that?", I questioned.

"A thief broke into my bathroom last night, and some of the accessories are missing." He explained the whole scenario, what the bloody coward saw from his window, and didn't even had the balls to even shout aloud to gather the mob, goddamn idiot; as always. I thought.

"What? You saw the burgler broke into the house and you didn't even bothered to call anyone. And don't tell me that your pants were on fire, bloody coward", Abhinav went hammer and tongs on Tharki.

"What...what else could I have done, I was scared", Tharki stammered.

"Now this is the height of stupidity; you cuold have used your mobile phone, you idiot.", Abhinav went all gung-ho about this and wanted to knock Tharki down.

By the time Bihari and other flatmates gathered. Chetan was still asleep.
Everyone was mocking Tharki for his ultimate stupidity.
Our land-lady was informed about this, and the matter ended with the storm in the tea cup.

Later, four of us were having lunch in the mess (me, Abhinav, CM, and Bihari) when out of nowhere some boys tried to make fun of Bihari for his strange accent of talking. Bihari stood up and slapped the boy. O man, after that we all went with our hands up in the air and started beating the hell out of those boys. One of the boy in the mess, came to our party and started kicking their asses up. The whole of the Natraj mess, turned into a wrestling ring, with a no holds barred match going on. I took a plate and banged it hard on the face of one of the boy. He was licking the floor by then. CM also did the same. Abhinav seemed to be in trouble, but the new boy helped him out. It was one hell of a lunch. Our mess incharge sorted out the things.

After the action packed lunch, we all sat down, the new boy also joined us. Intrestingly, his name was also Abhinav, from Jamshedpur, enrolled in Bansal Classes.

Now, when we turned are heads around , the whole mess was looking as if someone had raped it, the mess had turned mess.
"Mess -O-mania"..yelled the Nawab.

1 comment: