Wednesday, July 20, 2011

UNLUCKILY--"LUCKY"

I woke up late next morning, lying on my bed in an awkward position; maybe a new position for the latest edition of the KAMASUTRA.I just tried to figure out the things in my room with one eye shut and still in that position.
A couple of trousers,a tattered pair of denims and few jazzy coloured T's were clumsily placed in one corner of the room. A few books lay strewn on the small bedside table. An alarm clock sat dangerously on the tip of the bedside table; only the colour of the snooze button appeared to have worn off faster than the other buttons.
Since, I was late for the class, so I decided to give it a miss, and decided to attend the second lecture. The Nawab was sleeping as usual, as he decided, not to attend the classes after he was caught asleep in the class, and was asked to get out of the class right then. He attended classes only when he feels bored, or he dont' have any of his friends online on the internet. Similarly, his messy room could easily be identified with a typical, brash teenager's room, where the only way to get rid of junk was to pile up more junk on top of the existing lot; effectively making it disappear from the line of sight.

But the thing that made me upset was that today, unluckily being late I'll miss the chance to see the gorgeous girl. This made me feel nostalgic; even though I never knew her name, I was behaving like a roadside romeo, who was throwing tantrums like a child on not having met his girlfriend. But in my case I dint' had any. In the meanwhile I got ready for the class and left the place leaving behind 'sleep worms'.

But hold on; What is this ? The girl. She was standing right in front of her gate, where I see her everyday. I was excited, adrenaline rush doubled in my veins. I just started thinking of something else; my heart took control over my brain. I saw this as an opportunity to talk to her, she was all alone and no one was around. But there was a great risk in this task; the stakes were higher. What if she just ignored me? Or gave me a moral lecture on Eve Teasing? But now the devil in my mind took control. My mind started working.
"This is Kota dear,no one will ever get to know what she said to you. But if the girl is with you, she can make your world go around.", the devil roared.

Now that was not at all a bad advice. No one knows me here, and most importantly I was looking upon the girl more like a trophy girlfriend. Every boy wants a pretty girlfriend, and she was no less than an Angel or may be the Devil, God knows. But atleast I should give it a try, atleast ask her name.
"You should take risk, you will understand the miracle of life when you allow the unexpected to happen", the Devil inside me roared again.
But my "never talked to a girl" background of my glorious K.V days only made the situation worst for me.

Thats' what happened to me just then. Inspite of all the things I could have done or said I asked her a question.

"Are you also late for the class?". Now I imagined how stupid I was to ask that straightaway. I could have just said 'hi' .Idiotic, I thought I lost all my chances in one go. Now all I could do was to look at her and smile stupidly until she answered. Truly speaking, she looked more pretty when standing just a foot away rather than when I ogled at her from several meters away. God, please tell me who is she Angel or Demon.

'Ya! but how do you come to know?', she seranaded.
'Because from two weeks I see you here when I go to my classes, but today I am late, but I am still lucky to see you here.' I answered trying to be more confident.

(confidence! bullshit. Honestly speaking the only thing left was that I dint' peed in my pants, but my legs could still feel the shiver.)

"Hmm.... smart answer." She smiled.
'Hi, I am Anuj', I introduced myself to her.
'Hi, I am Neha', she said.

Then we exchanged general information about each other, she was from Chandigarh and was enrolled in Bansal Classes.
By the time I was reminding myself; "Okay, Okay, its just a dream. It will be over in a while."

"Are you okay?" she asked, when she noticed I was dumbstruck.
'I am fine'. I said in what seemed like my fourth attempt at speaking after the three ended in soundless flappings of tongues.

I was sure, she was mocking me.
Wasnt' she aware that half of the people she meets probably either slip into comma or end up thinking the meeting never happened; believing it was just a figment of their imagination. I was lucky I was breathing, Damn it!

By the time her cab arrived. "Okay, Anuj I need to go, by the way it was nice meeting you, hope to see you soon." she said in her sugar coated voice.
'Hmm...the pleasure is all mine" I replied (rather sarcastically).
'Okay, bye! see you later". she said and left.
'Bye!" I replied.

And now I was waiting anxiously to see her again. It was lucky to get late, unluckily.

No comments:

Post a Comment